Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hi

I think it's funny how people talk to each other depending on how long it's been between visits and how close they are as friends, etc. I went to a birthday party yesterday and I hadn't seen some of my friends for a while. When they asked if anything was new, I said no. So did a couple other friends.

I know for a fact that there are new things going on in their lives and in mine. Somehow, these are too personal to share in an initial "how are ya?" conversation.

How are you?
Good. I'm moving. (A friend)

How are you?
Rotten. My students are shoving me off the deep end.

How are you?
Well, my toe hurts and I can't feel anything in my left arm.

When these types of answers do happen, we all think it's weird. We're trained to be "good" and then eventually own up to things. Hmmmmm....

Movie of the Day: Tristan + Isolde. A star-crossed love story. I felt bad for Mark (whose name, you notice, is not in the title).

No comments: