Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Slang

My days have been filled with teenagers lately. They have their own language, as I'm sure you know. Since I'm around it so much, I know what most of it means. Here are some translations for you. Use them at your own risk (of being laughed at).

grip: a lot usage: I got a grip of money or a grip of homework tonight
crib: my house/apartment/cardboard box/home
Oh, snap: Oh no/Oh crap.
shart: to fart and a little poo comes out (gross, I know)
lurk: someone who wanders quietly or lurks around

Movie quotes are big. I try to see teen movies, but avoid anything in the horror genre. No need to lose sleep over slang.

Movie of the day: Michael. John Travolta plays Archangel Michael. An all-star cast travels cross-country with him, learning about life.

No comments: