Sunday, April 16, 2006

Up Early

Happy Easter!

Today is a day for getting up early. Really early (at least for a Sunday). Church-goers across the world are dragging their drowsy butts out of bed to celebrate Jesus' resurrection. I suppose it wouldn't show enough excitement or respect (somehow) to have a noon service today. Hmmmm...

It took me hours to fall asleep last night. Usually, I'm good for about 5-10 minutes of unwinding and then I'm out, but yesterday I had caffeine after a couple days without it. Maybe that was part of my problem or maybe it was all the post-vacation re-entry stuff buzzing in my head. Either way, I'm gonna need a nap today.

Movie of the Day: Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Very quirky. Very. Funny, though.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Good morning!

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit under the weather myself. See you later.

Linda said...

Gee, three days in a row, I was awake before 4:30 am and then got up because I couldn't get back to sleep. Wouldn't you know, this morning, when I WANTED to be up that early for the early service,
I had to be awakened by my husband telling me it was 7:30 !!!
go figure... I'm going to need a nap today from my last three early mornings! Happy Easter.
PS the choir sounded great...one of my favorite anthems too! And how about us all singing the Hallujah chorus...wasn't that awesome!

David Oppegaard said...

Hoppy Easter everyone.

Becca said...

Hoppy Easter to you, Dave!

Lois said...

We had a "fashionably late" dinner -- my nap extended more than the half-hour or hour I thought it would be. What a wonderful day of rest!