Saturday, April 22, 2006

Math Conference

I spent yesterday (and half of today) at a State math teachers' conference here in Duluth. Picture 1200 math teachers or future teachers gathered around. The Nerd Factor was high.

It starts early in the morning and we attend a couple seminars, eat lunch, go to a couple more. Lather. Rinse. Repeat today (minus the afternoon stuff because some people have more than a 10-minute drive home).

Any way, my seminars were a mixture of The Good, The Decent, & The Ugly. I actually made a couple mouthy remarks in the Ugly one. Nothing disrespectful, just more disappointed in the content of the presentation compared to my expectations. Oh well.

My students in 4th hour are HUNG UP on me getting a boyfriend, so they told me I needed to get three phone numbers of guys and that they'd call them during class. Oy. Not going to happen.

Any way, I hope ya'll are havin' a lovely weekend. Here's the Movie of the Day: Thank You For Smoking. Saw it last night. Funny. Tongue-in-cheek. Also had a preview of my favorite Sundance movie: Little Miss Sunshine!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

4 comments:

David Oppegaard said...

Wait, you're a MATH teacher? That explains everything (:

Becca said...

You didn't know I'm a math teacher??!!!???

Pay attention! (tee hee)

Michelle said...

I'd like to know what that explains.

David Oppegaard said...

well, michelle, fractions and binomials, for starts.