Monday, April 03, 2006

Jewelry Shopping

Yesterday, I stopped by Catherine Imports with my sister Sara. We were just looking around, but I was drawn to the jewelry counter (naturally). I'm a jewelry junkie. My grandfather was a jeweler and one of my only memories of him was sitting on his lap in his tiny workshop while he worked on watches. He smelled like mints (similar to Altoids). My whole life, I've been drawn to shiny, pretty jewelry.

Sara laughed when I asked to see something by name: "Can I see the blue abalone with the pearl?" I know what the stones are and usually what the cut is.

When Sara was looking for engagement rings to suggest to her honey, I went with to help decipher the "Diamond" stuff. It was fun.

Now, they have right-hand rings. I would love one, but worry that if I bought one, it would outshine any possible engagement rings in my future. I tend to be attracted to smart, but poor guys. Drat. So, I hold off on it.

Movie of the Day: Big Daddy. Adam Sandler. Joey Lauren Adams. Jon Stewart. A man helps take care of his friends new-found son. Sweet and funny.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Finally! A movie I saw! It was such a cute, sweet movie! I'm not an Adam Sandler fan, but this is one movie he made that I really liked!

One in a million Saras said...

What's a diamond?

Michelle said...

Awww, come one. Get yourself what you want!

Anonymous said...

Seriously- I say go for the ring you want!

Becca said...

Sara, I didn't mean it as if you didn't know diamonds. I was your back-up. I'm sure you'll back me up one day.

Lois said...

Find yourself something you like! It might attract some fellow who is looking for a gal he can give lovely jewelry to!
It would show him that you have impeccable taste.