Monday, March 27, 2006

Gregy Brown

I saw Greg Brown last night with my friend Michelle. His voice was as deep as usual, but his biceps were covered in a suit coat. Drat. For some reason, I had a hard time understanding his words, so I would close my eyes to try to concentrate. I only caught about 25% of the words, but he music was good.

The man next to me reeked of alcohol; it was permeating from his skin into my air space. Drat. Maybe it added to the bar feel of the evening?

I tried to keep my mind from wandering, but it didn't work very well. Some random thoughts:

What should I wear for parent/teacher conferences tomorrow (today)?
How can I get the kids in my club to DO something?
What "teen slang" should I teach Michelle?
Do I really say "Yeah" a lot (as Michelle claims)?
How do I befriend new people my age at church?
Could I pull off wearing cowboy boots like them? (No.)
How many drinks DID the guy next to me have?
Who is the weird guy in the front row with the camouflage rain gear?

Yep, it was an interesting evening, folks.

Your Movie of the Day: Junebug. I watched this on Saturday with my folks. Amy Adams was up for an Oscar for her role as Ashley, a cheerful pregnant woman. It's a good movie once you get over the fact that two of the actors who play a married couple also played siblings in Mansfield Park (Alessandro and Embeth).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YuK! That other guy had an interesting hat on too. We couldn't understand the words either--I thought it was my age.

Yes, I think red cowboy boots would be great on you--maybe green.

You'll have to answer your other ?s on your own.

One in a million Saras said...

Sure. Go for the cowboy boots. It will add to my "what not to wear" footage.

David Oppegaard said...

Was Bo Ramsey with him? Bo plays a mean guitar.

Michelle said...

Becca -- you described the evening better than I did.
Bo Ramsey was definitely with him -- he was cool.
I really wondered about the guy in the front row with the camo on.
I have cowboy boots. Once Kelly and I were driving through Chicago and there was this warehouse of cowboy boots and we just stopped on a whim and he bought me a pair. I wear them rarely. My daddy is pissed because his doctor told him to stop wearing his cowboy boots. He will probably change doctors now.