Friday, March 10, 2006

HBO

I don't get HBO, so it takes me a while to catch on to the HBO trends. I've resorted to renting the shows I want to see. While at Sundance, I met Justin Kirk who was in "Angels In America," an HBO miniseries. It's 6-hours long and I carved out time to finish it last night.

I think if I'd seen it before Sundance, I would have been more chicken to talk to Mr. Kirk. He was so humble when I got his autograph. He introduced himself "Hi, I'm Justin." So cool.

I get into movies (duh) and the movie at Sundance was so intense/realistic/sad that I felt like he was his character and I was therefore less thrilled at meeting him than I would have been if I'd seen AIA beforehand. He's an excellent actor.

Movie of the Day: Angels in America. It stars Justin Kirk, Al Pacino, Meryl Streep, Emma Thompson, Jeffrey Wright, Ben Schenkman, Mary-Louise Parker, and Patrick Wilson. It's about AIDS in the 80's.

No comments: