Thursday, March 16, 2006

Road Trip!

My siblings and mom were reminiscing about our family road trips and I guess a few stories about me cropped up.

About 10 years ago, my family drove to Big Sky, MT in the summer to meet up with my twin uncles, an aunt, and one cousin. We stayed in a fancy hotel and then drove to Yellowstone on day trips.

Every day, we'd drive past a gas station that had "Fir Woob" on it's sign. It meant "Fire Wood" but I decided that "Fir Woob" was the name of my future husband. You have to pronounce it with a Southern accent. Then, I made up kids: Squinty, Squatty, and Scruffy. Boys.

So far, I've yet to meet a Fir Woob, but if you know of one, give him my e-mail.

Movie of the Day: Big Fish. Ewan McGregor, Albert Finney, Danny DeVito, Jessica Lange, and the really tall guy who just passed away, star. A man is dying and telling his son the story of his life.

1 comment:

David Oppegaard said...

I liked Big Fish. That blurry line between a true story and a really magical one...