Monday, March 06, 2006

The Oscars!

Any interesting question, Anon. I have conflicted feelings about the Oscars. I love seeing magazines with dresses and cute guys on the red carpet. However, I was at a Movie Club last night! I know, the irony. I'm happy that Rachel Weisz won. I haven't seen any of the other winning movies yet! I actually bought Crash at Block Buster and haven't watched it yet. I do want to see Walk the Line and Syriana. Capote? Maybe. I liked Brokeback Mountain.

Here's the conflict: Part of me thinks it's just superficial "Let's get gussied up and pat ourselves on the back". After going to Sundance, part of me wants to take movies even MORE seriously. So, it's weird. I taped it, in case there was something that I just HAD to see for myself.

Did anyone out there watch? Did I miss anything really amazing?

:)Becca

3 comments:

One in a million Saras said...

Well, let's see, you missed Jenny Garner tripping on her dress. You missed Jon Stewart spending hours with his hands tied behind his back. You missed the irony of an awards show that rarely awards anything to comedies and, in fact, refuses to have a greatly-needed catagory for it, but tries desperately, and fails miserably, to be funny.

Linda said...

Becca you MUST see CRASH. Rob saw it and brought it home and told us we needed to watch it. It is a "message" movie, and I think you like message movies. Also, it will make you think. It deserved to win the best picture award! IT was very well done.

Do see "I Walk the Line" too. It's worth it to see Johnny and June's story and to hear the music and to hear the great job Phoenix and Reese do with the singing...they do their own singing and did a great job! Wonderful movie! -- Linda

Anonymous said...

walk the line is pretty good- you can see memphis in it too :)