Sunday, March 19, 2006

Movie Prescriptions

"I need a ______________ movie." Romantic Comedy? Tear-Jerker? Action? Artsy? Political?

Some people will stop and think about what they feel like eating or listening to; I stop to think about what I feel like watching. Yesterday was such a good day, that I wanted to keep it upbeat.

My grandma passed away almost 5 years ago and what did we do? Bought food and rented a movie to help us zone out. What movie would we select on a day such as that? Dude, Where's My Car? Yep. The brainless wonder of Aston Kutcher and three other people I can't remember. I watched it with my siblings, aunt, and uncle (the cool ones I'm visiting in CA). The rest of the week, through planning, funeral, and "lunch", we quoted the movie: "DUDE!" "SWEET" "SHIBBY!" "And, then?" We're weird.

Haven't seen the movie since. I wonder if it would conjure up emotions that have passed (for the most part)?

If you haven't seen it, check it out, if for no other reason but to understand what teenagers are talking about.

1 comment:

One in a million Saras said...

I still think fondly of that movie. And try never to watch it again...