Sunday, March 12, 2006

Rocks


One of the best places to think in Duluth is Brighton Beach. It consists of a variety of rocks in a variety of sizes. The beach is less than a mile long and has picnic areas and a playground, but I don't recommend the playground if you go there to think (unless it's deserted and you like swings).

I like to do one of two things while thinking "at the shore": wander up and down the shoreline looking for cool rocks (agates, sea glass, pretty stuff) or sit on a big rock and stare at Lake Superior. You can't see the other side, so staring is more meditative.

Movie du Jour: School of Rock. Different kind of rock. Jack Black is well, Jack Black. The kids are funny. Joan Cusack is awesome.

5 comments:

David Oppegaard said...

flat triangle rocks are fun to skip.

Anonymous said...

I call sea glass, beach tears. I loved School of Rock.

Becca said...

I am horrible at skipping rocks. I'm usually the designated "finder". I'll have to integrate some triangluar ones this summer!

Catharine, beach tears? Is the beach sad because of the environment or that I sneak away with the really cool rocks?

Michelle said...

I loved that movie too.
And I have to admit I liked Sixth Sense, after you bugged me for 6 months to watch it.
I can't tell an agate from anything else. I'm not completely Duluthian yet.

Michelle said...

Oh, I get it. School of Rock.