Monday, March 20, 2006

Okay....

In an effort to come up with something interesting to write about this morning, I decided to wander around my house. I looked out my front window to see if the paper carrier's minivan was there (can't imagine accidentally opening the door when she's right there).

I didn't see a minivan, but I did see a deer. It was crossing the street and then went through my yard. I ran from the livingroom to my office and watched it disappear.

My friend Catharine thinks that deer might be my animal totem or something because I see them a lot and have spiritual promptings to be on the lookout for them. Beats me. It could just be that there are a ton of deer running around Duluth.

Movie of the Day: Walk the Line. I saw it last night, as probably one of the last people in the country to see it. Very good! Joaquin and Reese both deserved their Oscars.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Michelle!

4 comments:

Lois said...

Great deer story!
A couple weeks ago I was going up Glenwood St. Just before Jean Duluth Road four younger appearing deer pranced across from Northland CC and into the woods. So beautiful!
By the way, I haven't seen Walk the Line--hope to soon! So you're NOT the last!

Anonymous said...

And the last movie I saw was "March of the Penguins" and the next to the last movie was "Meet the Fockers" so I'm pretty sure I will be the last person to see "Walk the Line"

nathanhellman said...

As a rational scientist, I would say there's just a shitload (and that's a scientific term) of deer in Duluth.

I saw "Walk the Line" in Gaborone, Botswana and agree that it was really good. I'm on a big Johnny Cash kick right now.

Hope things are well and leave a comment or two on my blog someday, why don't you.

Becca said...

Excuse me, Dr. Hellman, but if I'm correct, I was the only one commenting on your blog while you were galavanting around Africa. Okay, helping the ill and unfortunately, but none the less....