Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Un-snowing

We have the phrase "to unearth" but is there a phrase for the act of revealing things that were buried in the snow? I'm not talking about the permanent things in our yard, but everything (specifically garbage) that blew in for the Winter.

Everywhere I turn, there's some sort of fast food wrapper, wind-blown "recycled" item, or just plain salt and silt from the snowplows.

Wouldn't it be cool if someone hired people to clean up the junk? Sort of an FDR-esque movement.

The saddest thing I've heard of after a Winter melt is my parents' neighbor finding a dog who had tried to stay warm by curling up next to their house. It didn't make it. That poor dog.

Movie of the Day: O Brother, Where Art Thou? It starts with men in a chaingang. They escape and go on any journey. Great music. Great lines for George Clooney.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

And you complain about my dead baby stories?

David Oppegaard said...

woah. I wanna hear a dead baby story!