Friday, March 17, 2006

Skittish

I'm a little jumpy tonight. It's been a long week in Lake woebegone, dear readers. Long. To unwind, a group of us went to Failure to Launch tonight. It won't win any Oscars, but it was good for some laughs. Much needed laughs. Then, we went to Green Mill for dinner and Thrillz for some Skee Ball. Yep. Six women, 29 - 39, hanging out at the arcade. Good times.

Now, I'm hopped up on diet Coke and grenadine (no green beer for me, I'm afraid). What to do? What to do?

The Community Ed class listings came out today and I'm thinking of trying Tai Chi. I was at a conference with the instructor a couple weeks ago and he seems cool. Might be worth rearranging my schedule for it....

Well, I should quit babbling before I start sharing weird secrets or telling REALLY boring work stories.

I hope you all had a lucky St. Patty's Day. Next stop, Easter!

3 comments:

David Oppegaard said...

Is it just me, or does every arcade game now cost $72 to play?

Becca said...

Were you spying on us, Mr. Oppegaard? $72, indeed! We totally looked like dorks there. You'd think it was because we were so out of place, but then, if you can't look out of place in an arcade, where can you?

Lois said...

Sounds like you did a better job celebrating my birthday than I did! We had our corned beef and cabbage with boiled potatoes. Same thing every year but we love it!
I spent St. Urho's day afternoon with ladies 70+ to 94! They are a wonderful group with most of them peppy and in their early 80's. Unfortunately a couple of the gals are diagnosed with dementia. They seem to function fairly well, but not well enough to be home. Now living at Lakeshore's assisted living apartments. So, by all means go into the arcade now and enjoy yourself!
That's what makes life interesting!