Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm Not Crazy, Just Weird

For some odd reason, I was so cheerful yesterday, that I tried to convince my first hour "earlies" to call March "Trudge". ("Earlies" are kids who hang out about 20-30 minutes before school starts because it's a relatively quiet place to sit) . The only people who have opposed Trudge are those with March birthdays. This, of course, is bound to happen. I wouldn't like November messed with either. But, overall, people agreed with me. They also kind of shook their heads in a "I think she might have finally gone off the deep end." I just laughed (which probably didn't help my sanity rating, huh?).

My fourth hour on Monday would NOT stop talking while I gave notes. Sometimes I tell my classes that I'm going to send them the bill from Miller-Dwan (the local padded room institution). They don't understand until I explain and then they might be quiet. Or, they might keep talking... This is a class of 34, with a leaning toward girls with lots of make-up and football players who would rather be charging into something than multiplying letters. They are masters of "distract the teacher" but oddly, it feels like a family. If only I could get the family to do some math....

Movie du jour: Pride and Prejudice. The new one. I'm sure I've recommended this before, but it came out yesterday and I already have it. Watch it. Fall for Darcy or Lizzy or the dad (Donald Sutherland). If you are hooked on the BBC miniseries, there will be room enough in your heart for both versions. Honest.

:)Becca

No comments: